halftrackinfo

pictures of your halftrack => members tracks => Topic started by: steve1973 on February 17, 2015, 02:45:02 AM

Title: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: steve1973 on February 17, 2015, 02:45:02 AM
I'm catching up on some posts that I've been wanting to do. DAVY asked me if I could post these photos of his T-19 halftrack project. He did an outstanding job. here are the photos. Great job DAVY!! ;D

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00048.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00063.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00065.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00322.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00323.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00536.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00537.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM00538.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM01330.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM01915.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM02062.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM02090.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM02092.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM02104.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM02445.jpg)

(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/CAM02447.jpg)

Steve A.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: Monkeypirate on February 17, 2015, 02:56:35 AM
That is a impressive piece of armament on that track. Very nice job!
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: prestone on February 17, 2015, 05:54:49 AM
Wouah ..........

very nice job and impressive on the halftrack
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: andy on February 17, 2015, 07:11:39 AM
Holy S%&T

Im jealous

Andy

Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: BillM3 on February 05, 2020, 05:27:25 PM
This looks awesome. Good Job.
Is this an original T19 or another model turned into a T19? I'm just asking because it would be interesting to know how many are still around since they only build like 324 t19s. I've seen a few repro models but never an original one.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: steve1973 on February 05, 2020, 05:39:38 PM
This is an original T-19.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: BillM3 on February 05, 2020, 05:52:31 PM
That's cool the t19 has always been one of my favorite halftracks.
That could be the only original T19 that is actually restored as a t19. Don't think there is another one.
Found this one once but not sure if that one is original http://daveahl.jalbum.net/2012%20MTA%20Show/slides/029-White-T19-Halftrack-1943-Avory-Grech-1.html
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: coreyelliott on February 05, 2020, 06:02:15 PM
I know where another T-19 is.  Unfortunately it was converted to a crane as so many of the halftracks were.

Corey


(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/IMG_63866.jpg)



(http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/medium/IMG_63703.jpg)
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: BillM3 on February 05, 2020, 06:13:14 PM
Yeah that's very sad but at least it still exists. Probably could still be restored with a lot of time and money.
Looks almost as if they extended the frame, maybe because of the crane?
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: WayOffTrack on February 06, 2020, 09:28:55 AM
I know that one well tried to buy it for parts when it was in Clovis, didn't know it was actually a T19 that's cool.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: Selliott on February 06, 2020, 01:09:24 PM
Hey Wayofftrack,

Text me and I will tell you the story of what has happened to them in the last few years....

Shon
(806) three three5-five five 87
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: WayOffTrack on February 06, 2020, 01:37:10 PM
I heard it's in the Amarillo area now, I mainly wanted it for the doors and roller and I think it supposedly ran. I'm kinda glad it's still in one piece to be honest. It's a great example of how useful halftracks were in the civvy world after the war.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: BillM3 on February 06, 2020, 02:07:30 PM
Well whatever happened to it I hope it got saved. Somebody really should restore that one someday since it is an original t19. They are so rare, who knows I don't even think that there are more than 10 around maybe not even 10.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: WayOffTrack on February 07, 2020, 09:16:20 AM
2-3 years ago there was one for sale on Craigslist in Texas for 10k and most of the mount was intact and it had the data plate. Can't remember if the roller was still there but the track armor was. It took awhile to sell. Wish I had saved the pictures from the ad. I think this crane T-19 is still intact I heard it sold for $600.00. Somebody has it for yard art. I found a T30 several years ago I think they are more rare than a T19 but I'm not positive.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: BillM3 on February 07, 2020, 01:06:34 PM
Oh too bad those pictures would have been interesting. If the armor was still there that's amazing since that is missing on most halftracks that you find. Yard art that's crazy something like that most be restored since it is so rare. You could be right, a t30 might be more rare or at least as rare as the t19. I think they build about 500 t30s so a little more than the t19 but you never see the t30s.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: WayOffTrack on February 07, 2020, 04:43:09 PM
I've never seen a picture of it but I think there is one restored T30 in the big collection in Utah. My personal favorite of the low production halftracks is the T48 followed by the M21.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: Selliott on February 07, 2020, 04:49:06 PM
Well the yellow crane T-19 is not in Amarillo, it is out in Eastern New Mexico.  It and another one sold in an auction in Clovis years ago .  Funny thing is he got less for them in the auction than we had offered him for them a few months before the auction.  He turned us down and said he would take his chances at the auction and he got a lot less.  Anyway, the yellow one did sell to a gentleman who was going to use it for yard art and we have tried to buy it several times and he has been unwilling to sell it.  We did end up buying the other track (a red one) that sold at that same auction from the Rancher that bought it and a member of this group has it now.  We try to save as many as we can!
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: WayOffTrack on February 07, 2020, 06:06:15 PM
Well the yellow crane T-19 is not in Amarillo, it is out in Eastern New Mexico.  It and another one sold in an auction in Clovis years ago .  Funny thing is he got less for them in the auction than we had offered him for them a few months before the auction.  He turned us down and said he would take his chances at the auction and he got a lot less.  Anyway, the yellow one did sell to a gentleman who was going to use it for yard art and we have tried to buy it several times and he has been unwilling to sell it.  We did end up buying the other track (a red one) that sold at that same auction from the Rancher that bought it and a member of this group has it now.  We try to save as many as we can!

Yes those auctions are tricky. I think I offered him 5k for the pair, it was too much but I was in love. I'm so glad he turned me down. I'm very happy the scrapper didn't get them.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: BillM3 on February 08, 2020, 01:16:43 PM
Way off track, I would have to agree never have seen a t30, but If there is still one around that would be great. M21s are really rare too not sure if there are many still around. My personal favorite was always the t19 it just looks so great with that 105 on it. I think there are still some t48s around, according to this website that I found a while back there are at least 6 or 7. http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Halftrack-based_GMC.pdf

Selliott, that's really a shame that that guy didn't sell it to you because then it would have went to someone who cares about this vehicles. I still can't believe it that something that rare ended up as yard art, but then at least it didn't get scrapped. Totally agree we have to save as many as we can, these are historical vehicles and every vehicle that gets scrapped is one less that still exists.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: WayOffTrack on February 08, 2020, 07:02:30 PM
Well the yellow crane T-19 is not in Amarillo, it is out in Eastern New Mexico.  It and another one sold in an auction in Clovis years ago .  Funny thing is he got less for them in the auction than we had offered him for them a few months before the auction.  He turned us down and said he would take his chances at the auction and he got a lot less.  Anyway, the yellow one did sell to a gentleman who was going to use it for yard art and we have tried to buy it several times and he has been unwilling to sell it.  We did end up buying the other track (a red one) that sold at that same auction from the Rancher that bought it and a member of this group has it now.  We try to save as many as we can!

You guys are in a great area for finding stuff I think, Florida is not so good for that kind of thing. I got my M16A1 from a nice guy in Springtown Texas and he got it somewhere in southwest TX I think.
Title: Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
Post by: mkoloc on February 20, 2020, 08:05:39 AM
WOW .. consider me drooling ... that is an outstanding restoration!!! Love your 2A .. restoring a 47.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal