halftrackinfo

drive train => cooling system => Topic started by: yd328 on September 16, 2015, 06:54:38 PM

Title: surge tank coating????
Post by: yd328 on September 16, 2015, 06:54:38 PM
I have to clean out the inside of the surge tank. Has anyone coated the inside of the tank with anything or leave it uncoated?

Thanks Gary
Title: Re: surge tank coating????
Post by: 67tank on September 16, 2015, 08:14:23 PM
Yes - I had rust inside of mine as well.  Used a threes step kit - believe mine was KBS Coatings - for cleaning and sealing motorcycle tanks.  Cleans, etches and then coats with a sealer that's impervious (allegedly) to fuels.  Should handle hot coolant easily enough. 
Title: Re: surge tank coating????
Post by: steve-0 on September 17, 2015, 09:30:13 PM
i used POR 15

if you have any pinholes just tape them up on the outside before using this stuff.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-POR-15-Fuel-Tank-Sealer-8-oz-/271236721568
Title: Re: surge tank coating????
Post by: yd328 on September 18, 2015, 06:53:38 PM
Thanks again,
I will be coating the inside.

Gary
Title: Re: surge tank coating????
Post by: Thundercat97 on September 22, 2015, 03:21:07 PM
I used a KBS kit on my fuel tanks... worth it....
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal