halftrackinfo

pictures of your halftrack => post updates on the progress of your restoration => Topic started by: Harley on December 16, 2018, 08:00:11 PM

Title: FS: M2A1 project w/lots of parts
Post by: Harley on December 16, 2018, 08:00:11 PM
Here is a website for all the pictures including parts.

$40k, obo
Lots of valuable parts (see picts at http://www.visualsol.com/)
two Repo armor panels
combat wheels
1-2 two missing aluminum floor panels
pulpit comes with proper circle, photo shows incorrect pulpit
2 sets of NOS tracks
No major rust at all good solid vehicle

Will help load
You will need room for all the extra parts and boxes of spare parts
$4000 deposit non refundable via paypal.
Cash or wire transfer on completion of sale.
Must pick up 2 weeks after sale
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: 8683jb on December 16, 2018, 09:57:41 PM
It looks like you've done a pretty good job gathering parts already! Good luck with your project.

Jon
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 16, 2018, 10:20:17 PM
Thanks Jon
I'm looking for the hard to get parts,the ones you
ask for and they just laugh at you ::) sooner or
later they will come up.

Harley
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: coreyelliott on December 17, 2018, 06:39:54 PM
Wow!  What a stash of parts.  I can't help but get envious most of the time I come browse around this forum.   

Looks like another track is going to be saved, so that's great!

Corey
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: woodwalker on December 17, 2018, 07:51:02 PM
It looks like you are needing little.
What parts are you looking for And where are you located
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: spec4don on December 17, 2018, 07:51:20 PM
Holy cow you have gathered parts! Keep the pictures coming!

Don G
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: yd328 on December 17, 2018, 08:03:04 PM
That's a good collection of parts you have. Good luck with the project.

Gary
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Smadge on December 18, 2018, 07:42:08 AM
You the new HT parts supplier??? ;D
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: steve1973 on December 18, 2018, 09:21:55 AM
Hello Harley,
You have a great halftrack and a good stash of parts for us to drool over. ;D

Steve A.
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 20, 2018, 08:55:04 AM
Thanks Guys,I have been collecting on and off
for two years now.I got luck that the track came with
a good amount of parts.I'm think I'm on the home
stretch.Still looking for Aluminum floor for the bed,
NOS early steering wheel,NOS winch model
radiator,leather boots for drag link,ground
straps for the hood,NOS fuel tanks and shielding
components.Any leads would be great!! I will
be trading my extras.

Harley
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: spec4don on December 21, 2018, 06:30:59 AM
Thanks Guys,I have been collecting on and off
for two years now.I got luck that the track came with
a good amount of parts.I'm think I'm on the home
stretch.Still looking for Aluminum floor for the bed,
NOS early steering wheel,NOS winch model
radiator,leather boots for drag link,ground
straps for the hood,NOS fuel tanks and shielding
components.Any leads would be great!! I will
be trading my extras.

Harley

You probably want to stay away from NOS tanks, any you find will be 70+ years old some were self sealing rubber and some were coated steel.  But again with 70+ year old rubber. That rubber will not stand up to today’s gas. You might get away with it if you stay with clear gas but you could limit your self. I have a couple of NOS tanks but after looking inside them and saw how they were deteriorating decided new tanks were a much better option.
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: WayOffTrack on December 21, 2018, 08:10:11 AM
Great looking track and welcome to the board. Do you know if your frame serial number is recorded on the survivors list/database?
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 21, 2018, 09:59:36 AM
spec4don

I would only buy the NOS tanks if there where the steel ones with the outer rubber.If i can't find them i was looking at the repos and some how have the outer rubber put on,not sure how to
go about doing that but that is what i was thinking.

WayOffTrack

Where is the serial # located on the Track? When i bought it came with 3 Data plates and I'm not sure which one is correct.

Thanks for your guys reply.....Harley
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: steve1973 on December 21, 2018, 10:13:32 AM
The frame serial number is located on the driver's side behind the shock. You may need to clean the frame to see it.

Steve A.
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 21, 2018, 10:24:50 AM
Steve

I'll check it out this weekend as the track is at my friends yard right now.
My shop is filled with race cars ,Mustangs and a MB.

Harley
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: spec4don on December 21, 2018, 05:25:00 PM
Pauls Jacobs  tanks have under coating on them. They look really good, I have 2 in my track. Keep the pictures coming!. Also check the other restoration threads on here, lots of “how do you do that” on there! Also some “don’t do that!” too. Keep the pictures coming!

Don G.
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 21, 2018, 10:39:44 PM
woodwalker
Sorry i mist your post,I'm working with a few leads right now and
everything looks good on getting most of the parts i want.
I will post my extras for trade and a list of parts i need.

I'm in Santa Clarita Southern CA  Where are you from?

Harley
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: woodwalker on December 23, 2018, 04:15:56 PM
Located in southern Colorado someday may find another halftrack guy near here.
If you need any advice feel free to ask its free and worth every penny
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: David on December 24, 2018, 07:51:07 AM
That's an impressive start.  Can't wait to see it finished.
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:26:03 PM
Serialnumber 290693  -Does anyone know what my hood number would be?  What year would this be as well?
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:30:43 PM
Here is my overview of my M2A1
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:32:31 PM
Rear Crossmember - Does anyone know what these brackets are for? or what they used for?
Driver side and passenger side
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:33:46 PM
This looks like something from a urinal :)  Any ideas what was used for?
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:36:11 PM
Trying to figure out what I still need for cables/suppression... if anyone can help, that would be great!  What am I missing?
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:38:46 PM
Is this the correct Distributor can ?
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:40:02 PM
Spark plug shields
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 27, 2018, 02:43:48 PM
Electrical Components
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: col.halftrack on December 28, 2018, 09:09:47 AM
 Harley,
 I added your White M2A1 Serial # 290693 to my list. I will look through some notes on this but I have very few survivors that fit these last M2A1s. I think it would have been a M2A1 and the armor you have appears to have never been drilled for the skate rail which supports this. It does appear that it has early fenders. Drilled for the headlamps. I would have expected this late of a track to have the crab eye late style headlamps. Unfortunately the hood number is connected to the ordnance number. So without the data plate it will be a guessing came to establish a hood number.
 Kevin Lockwood
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 30, 2018, 10:31:29 AM
Kevin
I'm going to have a real problem with a estimated hood # but i guess i have no choice .My goal with the track is to take it to a MVPA convention and try and win gold on a factory class,then i will add all the
extra stuff I want on it,markings guns maybe a radio and all the goodies.I have two set of fender and i think one set has no hole for lighting on the fender. I have the the late style headlamps as well.
The track came with 3 Data plates none of them match my frame #. So will i have to guess the ordnance # as well? Do you know what year my track is?

Thanks for your help,much appreciated  Harley
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: Harley on December 30, 2018, 12:20:06 PM
Kevin      (Revised)

The plates i received when i bought the track are as fallowed.

M2 plate,copper White Motor Company ser#231073 ord#1895

M2/M2A1 plate,soft steel or lead. No manufacture. converted by the Ordnance Dept. ser#233781 FT Crook ord#4455 11/29/44

M2/M2A1 plate,aluminum. No manufacture.converted by the Bowen & McLaughlin company ser#233762 ord#4460

Maybe this can help some other member?
But this doesn't help me. Maybe Tom Wolboldt has more info.I have not seen him post anything
on G503 lately on the Halftrack page.Is there anyone else with Halftrack data base? The data
base or list on the G503 kind of confuses me a little, is it based on earliest to latest as far the
ser#go?

Thanks Harley
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: WayOffTrack on December 30, 2018, 05:39:32 PM
Sometimes the USA number got stamped on the front bumper or bogie support housing, apparently during rebuild so you might check that. Also if your hood was not sandblasted you might be able to recover the number. Do you know the backstory on your halftrack? Given the location I wonder if it was in any movies.
Title: Re: FS: M2A1 project w/lots of parts
Post by: Harley on November 16, 2019, 06:06:26 PM
Decided to sell this project due to a planned move.
See description at top
Title: Re: FS: M2A1 project w/lots of parts
Post by: 8683jb on November 16, 2019, 10:59:59 PM
Very nice, complete project Harley. Good luck with the sale.

Jon
Title: Re: Harley's M2A1 project
Post by: steve1973 on February 21, 2020, 10:00:10 AM
Rear Crossmember - Does anyone know what these brackets are for? or what they used for?
Driver side and passenger side

Those are what is left of the lower rear step supports. Most of yours is missing.

Steve A.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal