halftrackinfo

pictures of your halftrack => members tracks => Topic started by: cfaust on December 24, 2018, 09:05:48 PM

Title: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: cfaust on December 24, 2018, 09:05:48 PM
Here is my block of marble or clay to start with.  Hopefully it will turn into something a bit more eye catching.  It will take time, but I am thankful for the opportunity.  I had pictures of the battery box the other day but did not want to overload the system.  If there are any pictures or measurements someone needs let me know. I would like to know where to look for a serial number to help trace its manufacturer's date and any other  service record on this half track. It was named also lower bottom of driver's door, kinda hard to make out but I think it says "Hells Bells"..  Battery box sheet metal is typical corroded mess, but it has one large hole in bottom, with a semi-attached flange that can be un-latched to swing over.  I guess for cleaning purposes.
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: WayOffTrack on December 25, 2018, 05:47:06 AM
New halftrack pictures, it feels like Christmas! That's a great find and it has all the winter kit stuff on it too. Nice going.
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: yd328 on December 25, 2018, 06:57:37 AM
That's a nice halftrack. It has a lot of nice hard to get parts.

Gary
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: 8683jb on December 25, 2018, 09:28:46 AM
Congratulations! Nice project! Besides all the other normally-missing stuff you have, the original data plate is a bonus. 
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: spec4don on December 25, 2018, 09:57:42 AM
Yes indeed, you have a great start on your halftrack. This will be a fun thread to follow. Just remember there is only one way to eat an elephant and thats one bite at a time!

Don G.
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: Smadge on December 25, 2018, 01:41:53 PM
Very complete! 
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: woodwalker on December 25, 2018, 02:12:15 PM
Very nice. Could you take a picture of your battery tray there should be two holes in it just trying to confirm
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: cfaust on December 26, 2018, 10:40:40 PM
Added picture of battery box and driver's door showing half track's original name.  I can get more detail this weekend of battery box if you need me too or any other pics some else may want.  Also added more text to original comments.
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: woodwalker on December 27, 2018, 07:15:35 AM
Thank you! The cover plate is it original and if so how is it attached? I have not come across one with a plate yet.
 The hole is part of the winter kit allowing the use of a battery heater.
I have not seen a complete kit but the one guy who drove a halftrack said the would light cans of stereo under to keep it warm.   
 I’m not sure if that was the kit or if that’s just what they did

 It’s a nice looking machine
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: cfaust on December 30, 2018, 06:43:18 PM
I'll see if I can post my text then pictures.  Here are some more pictures of the battery box that was requested.  The pictures are as follows:  One picture shows a fabricated hole in the back-rear panel of the battery box.  If you look close enough at the hole you can see a squirrel-cage fan visible.  I did take a picture of this fan, but I will go back and take better ones by crawling underneath.  These pictures were shot by holding the camera underneath the half track and shooting.  The other remaining pictures will show an access panel that covers the hole in the bottom of the battery box and how it is attached, along with the supports that hold the battery box on the half track.  Let me know what else you all may want.
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: cfaust on December 30, 2018, 06:48:22 PM
Can't post pictures....text goes up.
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: emptyhead on January 06, 2019, 07:07:15 AM
Very solid project .
Title: Re: The pics of my M2A1 (cfaust)
Post by: mkoloc on February 20, 2020, 08:11:29 AM
Love all the original goodies you have on your track ... even the speedometer mileage is there.  Well done!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal