halftrackinfo

pictures of your halftrack => members tracks => Topic started by: 47lincsled on March 10, 2014, 08:07:23 PM

Title: My M-2-A-1
Post by: 47lincsled on March 10, 2014, 08:07:23 PM
 I'm sure most of you know me from the G-503 site but just in case you haven't kept up here is my 1943 M-2-A-1, I just finished installing the winch package this winter, I detailed the engine compartment since I had to pull the bottom hose and drain the cooling system, I bought a antenna mount and a AB-15 mast base,I have a couple sections of antenna coming,I have a SCR-508 radio set which I hope to install just for looks, but I need a FT-285 table and the cabinet,I also had the brackets made which hold the seat backs between the gas tank and storage boxes, it's been a really warm winter!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/47lincsled/DSC_0001-34.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/47lincsled/media/DSC_0001-34.jpg.html)(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/47lincsled/DSC_0011-2.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/47lincsled/media/DSC_0011-2.jpg.html)
Title: Re: My M-2-A-1
Post by: col.halftrack on March 12, 2014, 07:48:07 AM
 Great track Bob. Thanks for the post.
Title: Re: My M-2-A-1
Post by: spec4don on March 12, 2014, 08:13:55 AM
Looking Good nice to see it out and about. Is there something wrong with your sky ??? It's blue not gray???

Don G.
Title: Re: My M-2-A-1
Post by: RocnTJ on March 12, 2014, 09:21:23 AM
David Yamula had FT-285 radio trays at a reasonable price.   You might contact him if you are looking for one.   It is hard to properly display the radios with the base.

ye@epix.net

Tom
Title: Re: My M-2-A-1
Post by: 47lincsled on March 12, 2014, 02:19:29 PM
Thanks Tom,I'll give him a call and see what he has for the base. We have had a great winter, we only had one week of below freezing then we usually got into the 40's-50's every day, so if the horrible wind wasn't blowing I was able to get a lot done, I need to shoot a fresh coat of paint on the whole thing and get my bumper markings put on, I've often thought of putting mine racks on it, and if I could find drawings for it I probably would!
Title: Re: My M-2-A-1
Post by: 47lincsled on October 10, 2014, 06:19:05 PM
 This summers  work included a repaint with late 45 field installed type lettering, I had originally done them in blue drab, but after reading and looking at many pictures I decided it would be very unusual to find blue drab markings in Europe during 1945, which is the period I am basing it on, plus I built and installed the radio cabinet and antenna mount, then finally decided it was time to build a AT gun,I have a lot of detail work to do on the at gun but it looks good from the side walk!(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/47lincsled/DSC_0006-7.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/47lincsled/media/DSC_0006-7.jpg.html)(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/47lincsled/DSC_0003-14.jpg) (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/47lincsled/media/DSC_0003-14.jpg.html)
Title: Re: My M-2-A-1
Post by: steve1973 on October 22, 2014, 02:30:49 AM
Very nice work! Your track fooks fantastic! ;D

Steve A.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal