armor plate > armor bolts, nuts, hinges

White armor nuts

(1/4) > >>

Torque:
Anyone have a good (cheap) source of nuts? A local manufacturer has offered to make them for .60 cents each for 50,000 of them, seems kind of high priced, maybe not. They would look original and be grade 5. Any interest at this price? They said 6 week lead time. This would be .60 plus shipping, I assume I could ship in a flat rate box.

steve1973:
That is actually a good retail price but not wholsale. Remember, each maker had their own nut style. That is one reason I didn't get any made as each batch would be 50K in quantity. I could see the White nuts selling out as they were used on scoutcars to. Currently there are two or three people making the nuts with an average cost of $.80 each. Those include Steve Verberg (Outsider), Gary and I know ther is someone else but I can't remember the name.

Steve A.

col.halftrack:
 Are the nuts that are offering actual lock nuts? That would make a big difference. Most the repros are simply nuts.

Torque:
These would not be lock nuts, don't really see a need for it the way these machines will be used.

steve1973:
The nuts that are reproduced are not lock nuts so it is important to use some sort of lock-tite on them. If not they will come loose with all the vibration the halftrack makes.

Steve A.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version