Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Home
Forum
Help
Gallery
Links
Login
Register
halftrackinfo
»
pictures of your halftrack
»
members tracks
»
T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack (Read 20782 times)
steve1973
Hero Member
Posts: 1423
T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
on:
February 17, 2015, 02:45:02 AM »
I'm catching up on some posts that I've been wanting to do. DAVY asked me if I could post these photos of his T-19 halftrack project. He did an outstanding job. here are the photos. Great job DAVY!!
Steve A.
Logged
Monkeypirate
Sr. Member
Posts: 257
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #1 on:
February 17, 2015, 02:56:35 AM »
That is a impressive piece of armament on that track. Very nice job!
Logged
prestone
Sr. Member
Posts: 316
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #2 on:
February 17, 2015, 05:54:49 AM »
Wouah ..........
very nice job and impressive on the halftrack
Logged
1941 GMC 353 A1 restored
1943 GMC 352 B1 restored
1943 WILLYS MB restored
1944 TRAILER MBT restored
19.. CHECKER 1T restored
19 . . AUTOCAR M2 under restored
andy
Sr. Member
Posts: 369
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #3 on:
February 17, 2015, 07:11:39 AM »
Holy S%&T
Im jealous
Andy
Logged
1943 M4A1 (restored to M2A1)
BillM3
Newbie
Posts: 23
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #4 on:
February 05, 2020, 05:27:25 PM »
This looks awesome. Good Job.
Is this an original T19 or another model turned into a T19? I'm just asking because it would be interesting to know how many are still around since they only build like 324 t19s. I've seen a few repro models but never an original one.
Logged
steve1973
Hero Member
Posts: 1423
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #5 on:
February 05, 2020, 05:39:38 PM »
This is an original T-19.
Logged
BillM3
Newbie
Posts: 23
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #6 on:
February 05, 2020, 05:52:31 PM »
That's cool the t19 has always been one of my favorite halftracks.
That could be the only original T19 that is actually restored as a t19. Don't think there is another one.
Found this one once but not sure if that one is original
http://daveahl.jalbum.net/2012%20MTA%20Show/slides/029-White-T19-Halftrack-1943-Avory-Grech-1.html
Logged
coreyelliott
Sr. Member
Posts: 349
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #7 on:
February 05, 2020, 06:02:15 PM »
I know where another T-19 is. Unfortunately it was converted to a crane as so many of the halftracks were.
Corey
Logged
1941 Autocar M2A1 (M2-13)
BillM3
Newbie
Posts: 23
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #8 on:
February 05, 2020, 06:13:14 PM »
Yeah that's very sad but at least it still exists. Probably could still be restored with a lot of time and money.
Looks almost as if they extended the frame, maybe because of the crane?
Logged
WayOffTrack
Hero Member
Posts: 621
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #9 on:
February 06, 2020, 09:28:55 AM »
I know that one well tried to buy it for parts when it was in Clovis, didn't know it was actually a T19 that's cool.
Logged
Selliott
Jr. Member
Posts: 64
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #10 on:
February 06, 2020, 01:09:24 PM »
Hey Wayofftrack,
Text me and I will tell you the story of what has happened to them in the last few years....
Shon
(806) three three5-five five 87
Logged
1941 Autocar M2 #13
MVPA
WWII Living Historian
WayOffTrack
Hero Member
Posts: 621
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #11 on:
February 06, 2020, 01:37:10 PM »
I heard it's in the Amarillo area now, I mainly wanted it for the doors and roller and I think it supposedly ran. I'm kinda glad it's still in one piece to be honest. It's a great example of how useful halftracks were in the civvy world after the war.
Logged
BillM3
Newbie
Posts: 23
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #12 on:
February 06, 2020, 02:07:30 PM »
Well whatever happened to it I hope it got saved. Somebody really should restore that one someday since it is an original t19. They are so rare, who knows I don't even think that there are more than 10 around maybe not even 10.
Logged
WayOffTrack
Hero Member
Posts: 621
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #13 on:
February 07, 2020, 09:16:20 AM »
2-3 years ago there was one for sale on Craigslist in Texas for 10k and most of the mount was intact and it had the data plate. Can't remember if the roller was still there but the track armor was. It took awhile to sell. Wish I had saved the pictures from the ad. I think this crane T-19 is still intact I heard it sold for $600.00. Somebody has it for yard art. I found a T30 several years ago I think they are more rare than a T19 but I'm not positive.
«
Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:17:59 AM by WayOffTrack
»
Logged
BillM3
Newbie
Posts: 23
Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
«
Reply #14 on:
February 07, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »
Oh too bad those pictures would have been interesting. If the armor was still there that's amazing since that is missing on most halftracks that you find. Yard art that's crazy something like that most be restored since it is so rare. You could be right, a t30 might be more rare or at least as rare as the t19. I think they build about 500 t30s so a little more than the t19 but you never see the t30s.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
halftrackinfo
»
pictures of your halftrack
»
members tracks
»
T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal