Author Topic: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack  (Read 2673 times)

WayOffTrack

Re: T-19, 105mm Howitzer Halftrack
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 04:43:09 PM »
I've never seen a picture of it but I think there is one restored T30 in the big collection in Utah. My personal favorite of the low production halftracks is the T48 followed by the M21.

Selliott

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 04:49:06 PM »
Well the yellow crane T-19 is not in Amarillo, it is out in Eastern New Mexico.  It and another one sold in an auction in Clovis years ago .  Funny thing is he got less for them in the auction than we had offered him for them a few months before the auction.  He turned us down and said he would take his chances at the auction and he got a lot less.  Anyway, the yellow one did sell to a gentleman who was going to use it for yard art and we have tried to buy it several times and he has been unwilling to sell it.  We did end up buying the other track (a red one) that sold at that same auction from the Rancher that bought it and a member of this group has it now.  We try to save as many as we can!
1941 Autocar M2 #13
MVPA
WWII Living Historian

WayOffTrack

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 06:06:15 PM »
Well the yellow crane T-19 is not in Amarillo, it is out in Eastern New Mexico.  It and another one sold in an auction in Clovis years ago .  Funny thing is he got less for them in the auction than we had offered him for them a few months before the auction.  He turned us down and said he would take his chances at the auction and he got a lot less.  Anyway, the yellow one did sell to a gentleman who was going to use it for yard art and we have tried to buy it several times and he has been unwilling to sell it.  We did end up buying the other track (a red one) that sold at that same auction from the Rancher that bought it and a member of this group has it now.  We try to save as many as we can!

Yes those auctions are tricky. I think I offered him 5k for the pair, it was too much but I was in love. I'm so glad he turned me down. I'm very happy the scrapper didn't get them.

BillM3

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 01:16:43 PM »
Way off track, I would have to agree never have seen a t30, but If there is still one around that would be great. M21s are really rare too not sure if there are many still around. My personal favorite was always the t19 it just looks so great with that 105 on it. I think there are still some t48s around, according to this website that I found a while back there are at least 6 or 7. http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Halftrack-based_GMC.pdf

Selliott, that's really a shame that that guy didn't sell it to you because then it would have went to someone who cares about this vehicles. I still can't believe it that something that rare ended up as yard art, but then at least it didn't get scrapped. Totally agree we have to save as many as we can, these are historical vehicles and every vehicle that gets scrapped is one less that still exists.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 01:18:46 PM by BillM3 »

WayOffTrack

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 07:02:30 PM »

You guys are in a great area for finding stuff I think, Florida is not so good for that kind of thing. I got my M16A1 from a nice guy in Springtown Texas and he got it somewhere in southwest TX I think.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 07:05:04 PM by WayOffTrack »

mkoloc

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 08:05:39 AM »
WOW .. consider me drooling ... that is an outstanding restoration!!! Love your 2A .. restoring a 47.
Mark A.R. Koloc Sr.
LTC USA (RET)
1631 Bitter Creek Lane
Batavia, OH  45103
Cell:  715-821-9426