Author Topic: Congrats on the new site!  (Read 8121 times)

Canadian Gunner

• The Guns, thank God the Guns!
    • The Swords and Ploughshares Museum
Congrats on the new site!
« on: October 17, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »
I'm looking forward to chatting 'half-track' with fellow collectors- I have a early M3 roller model converted to M3A1 (it has the lightweight idler adjuster spring) and an M5 converted by the Canadian Army into a RCEME Fitter vehicle ('A' frame on the winch and a 3 ton truck box where the rear armour was so it could carry a complete engine change while following the tanks or SP guns.

Cheers!  Mike
Ubique! ("Everywhere"!, The sole Battlehonour of the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery

steve-0

• Administrator
Re: Congrats on the new site!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:26:58 PM »
you are my first member. i look forward to some pics of your halftracks. you can post them here and also in the gallery
thanks
steve

mcfolks

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
I second that! I'm making room in the garage to get my M3 (born as an M3- then M16- now back to M3!) inside before the first snow here in Michigan! I just picked up the repo bed for it yesterday-NICE!! Thanks Steve!!

Dinadin

• Schafer's Folly
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:00:13 PM »
Thanks for starting up this forum.  I have a M3 that was converted to a M3A1 and then to a M16A1.  I also have a M15A1, which is slowly becoming a parts vehicle.  I have a list of parts numbers somewhere which I have to dig up along with some alternative parts.
Rich

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Schafer's Folly - Halftrack Restoration

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:04:53 PM »
great to have you. if this site becomes popular i will try to add different colors and pictures to the background but as you know those things don't make a good website. information does.
thanks
steve

TopKick

• Show Me, Scout and Me October 3, 2010
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 04:39:16 AM »
I have owned a M2 and a M3 Half Track in the past. I currently own a restored M3A1 Scout Car that won 1st Place Wheeled Armor at the 2000 MVPA International Convention in Kansas City, MO. I am considering another M2 Half Track in the future. However, an L2M Bird Dog Liaison Aircraft may come first. I belong to both the MVPA and the CAF.
Old Soldiers fade away, but their Memories, Historic Military Vehicles, Aircraft, Weapons, and Equipment will live on in our loving care. Support Our Troops!

Thundercat97

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:11:48 AM »
Great idea on creating a specific forum for half-tracks.   I will start posting info I have soon.   My M3 is nicely stashed in the garage but I am itching to take it out in the nice fall weather.  I was driving around my CCKW this weekend and felt like I was cheating on "June Bug"..... hahaha

Rob

diamondjim

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:40:51 AM »
Alright, a place just for halftrack junkies.Great to see a place where all the important info can be found in one place. My M3A1 is crammed into the garage with the wc and gpw( I don't want them to be lonely). Taking them to the Halloween parade Thurs night, Big fun.
Jim

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »
its great to have you all..  :) also check out the gallery and links listing above.

spec4don

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »
Thanks for starting another HT site, maybe you could get with Mike and catologe the info from the Halftrack Trading Post. I will be lookig forward to any info on armor as I have to build my floor from scratch.

Don G.
1941 M2A1 not restored
1942 M3 Diamond T Mostly restored
1943 M3A1 Under restoration
1967 M51A2 Tractor
1945 WC 63 needs restoration
1967 M36 Long wheel base duece
1951 M135 GMC Fire truck conversion

Captain Crank

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »
Good job Steve-O.

Hmmmm, I don't see the IH 1/2 Track department.  ;)

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 07:55:40 PM »
you are right i need a international halftrack listing. i wasnt sure how much interest i was going to have but its looking good. don, i was thinking the same thing about getting a numbers listing here but i dont want to piss anyone off on the g503 tracked section (that site is great). maybe it would be better to leave that element over there for now, i dont know. anyways i will leave that up to the people managing it, if they are interested they can contact me. if there are anymore suggestions i would like to here them, this is the first site i have ever set up.
steve

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »
i just noticed i responded to something other than what you where talking about don. i will have to check with mike see what he has there. the for sale and wanted sections here  should prove popular.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:42:30 PM by steve-0 »

yd328

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »
The site looks great. good work.

Gary

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »
i just had to delete 7 members. they where spam with links to video games. i have reset the registration so i can approve new members now. this dosen't affect anyone that is already a member.