Author Topic: Braided grounding straps locations  (Read 1274 times)

67tank

Braided grounding straps locations
« on: September 07, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »
Where do all the grounding straps go for a shielded system?
There's the long 11 in braided strap for the engine to the firewall..  but not sure if the rebuilt French motor uses it? 
There's the two short braided straps on the voltage regulator. 
But there's 10 straps (6 1/2 in long) where I have no clue they belong? 
Any help and photos would be much appreciated. 

Pat
1941 M2A1 (under restoration)

HenryVIII

Re: Braided grounding straps locations
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »
I know that on some of my parts tracks there were grounding straps on the underside of the hood. They go on the hinge bolts under the hood and connect the side pieces (with the handles) to the top pieces (that lift) to the center strip of the hood. I cannot remember if there is one from the center piece to the firewall. But I thought there was one there too. That should account for 4 possibly 5 of your straps. I still am not sure why they grounded the hood panels though. Hope this helps.

Henry   

steve1973

Re: Braided grounding straps locations
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »
Pat,
From memory there is one from the center hinge on the center hood pannel to the top of the thermostat housing, one from the back of the engine to the firewall, one from the frame to the transfer case housing, I'm sure their is one from the frame to the cowling/body, and then their was one for each outer hinge on the hood. The smaller ones you have are a mystery as they are to big for the hood and have different size mounting holes. Next time I'm at the shop I will take photos of mine a post.

Steve A.