Author Topic: Calling on international M9A1 and M5A1 owners  (Read 2234 times)

Richy

Calling on international M9A1 and M5A1 owners
« on: October 20, 2015, 01:30:36 PM »
I am looking for some info on the passenger side folding seat frame fitted to the M9A1 and M5A1 models.
Underneath the seat and fastened to the floor plate is a scissor type linkage that stops the seat hingeing too far forward,
I had a photo of this linkage that I took a few years ago on a scrap M9A1 but I have since lost it.
My half track is the M9A1 model and I am at the stage of fitting my seats but have these items missing and would like some info photos or drawing so that I can make up a copy.
If there's any international owners who still have this item fitted I would like to hear from you.
Cheers

steve-0

• Administrator
Re: Calling on international M9A1 and M5A1 owners
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
welcome to the group richy

i don't have an international HT  but you might get lucky and find a pic if you do a google search for  "m9a1 halftrack walkaround"

BAIV.NL

• BAIV.NL (British American Infantry Vehicles)
    • BAIV
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
You mean the frame under the seat, like in the picture?

BAIV (British American Infantry Vehicles) BV is a Company located in The Netherlands with a well facilitated workshop (800 m2 / 8.600 ft2) in Maarheeze (close to Eindhoven) that supplies, restores and serves historic WW2 Armoured Vehicles & Tanks.

Richy

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »
Hi
Thanks for the reply, no it's not the frame underneath the seat, there's a linkage that fits on the underneath of the seat and bolts to the floor plate, it stop the seat falling forward when it's lift upright.
I think there only on the A1 models but might be wrong about that,
Cheers Ian

steve1973

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 10:48:08 PM »
Check out RocnTJ's post http://halftrackinfo.com/index.php?topic=562.75. If you scroll down a bit I think it shows what you are looking for.

Steve A.

Jesse

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 05:14:25 AM »
Those parts are still available from Stanley or National Hardware. They are a lid arm.