Author Topic: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"  (Read 17081 times)

Smadge

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 362
M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« on: May 17, 2016, 04:56:26 PM »
Folks, I had my HT (ser# M2 232) delivered last month and i'm looking forward to the slow restoration process. I plan on selling the winch since it was originally a roller model. I've aleady have the gauges, new tracks and other parts I've located over the past few months. This site and the G have been a big help and i look forward to the adventure!


Paul


Gettysburg, PA
1941 M2-232 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA Member

woodwalker

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 07:54:45 PM »
That looks like a nice start.

steve1973

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1423
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:09:34 PM »
WAIT!!! That looks familiar....Yes, That's my old halftrack!! ;D I'm glad it found a good home. Welcome to the halftrack community.

Steve A.

Smadge

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 362
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:13:11 AM »
Steve A.

Yup, that's your old baby.  Thanks for all the info and I'm sure I'll be giving you call in the near future.

Thanks,

Paul
1941 M2-232 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA Member

yd328

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 736
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 07:49:22 AM »
That looks like a great project. Good luck with it and keep the pictures coming 8)

Gary

Smadge

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 362
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16:12 PM »
A few months back I brought the engine to the machine shop. They bored it out 60 over, replaced the camshaft bearings, freeze plugs, broken bolts and cleaned it up real nice.  Shop said the block and head were in good shape.  I finishing putting in the crank and camshaft today.  Currently working on the horns, water pump, oil pump and oil cooler. Very happy with the progress.
1941 M2-232 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA Member

8683jb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 897
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »
Looks great Paul! I love the engine work! Good luck with it all and keep the pictures coming.
Jon
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:00:00 PM by 8683jb »
'42 Autocar M2A1
'41 Nash Kelvinator Ben Hur trailer

MVPA member

steve1973

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1423
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 10:49:36 PM »
Looking great Paul!! Your making great progress. If you need any engine gaskets PM me. I sell new made sets.

Steve A.

67tank

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 235
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »
That looks awesome
Can't wait till the start up video. 
Pat
1941 M2A1 (under restoration)

Smadge

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 362
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 04:56:38 PM »
I’ve been making progress this year.
1941 M2-232 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA Member

8683jb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 897
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 10:10:48 PM »
You sure have been making progress! It looks great! I gotta pull my transmixer &c out next and make the clutch look like yours...not looking forward to it.
'42 Autocar M2A1
'41 Nash Kelvinator Ben Hur trailer

MVPA member

Selliott

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
Looking great!  Can't wait to get to this point with Lucky 13.....
1941 Autocar M2 #13
MVPA
WWII Living Historian

yd328

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 736
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »
Looks good, a lot of heavy work there.

Gary

spec4don

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 06:59:12 PM »
Bravo! Keep the pictures coming!

Don G
1941 M2A1 not restored
1942 M3 Diamond T Mostly restored
1943 M3A1 Under restoration
1967 M51A2 Tractor
1945 WC 63 needs restoration
1967 M36 Long wheel base duece
1951 M135 GMC Fire truck conversion

steve1973

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1423
Re: M2A1 "Beast of Burden"
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 09:13:03 PM »
Your doing a great job!! keep those photos coming!! ;D

Steve A.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal