Author Topic: M2 Skate Rail  (Read 1784 times)

R.E.Co.

M2 Skate Rail
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:39:30 PM »
Dose anyone know if people are producing skate rail for M2's?  I haven't been able to find anyone that reproduces this other than a few who are working on some designs.  Thanks.

Jon
1941 White M2 Halftrack

Monkeypirate

Re: M2 Skate Rail
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
There was a man named Paul Greenstein on the G forum that reproduced them years ago. Best bet is to talk to him and see if we can get his drawings for the site or maybe get some more made. I figure i will end up having to produce my own replica.

woodwalker

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
He only made scout car rails different cat

R.E.Co.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »
That rail is the same diameter just different length and angle to the front of the armor.  It shouldn't be hard to modify from their.

Jon
1941 White M2 Halftrack

woodwalker

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:20:32 PM »
You would have to widen it slightly straiten the s curve and resend it. would easier to take the 4in I beam cut/ mill to the proper thickness and bend your self than trying to modify a pre bent one. That's how he made his.  Find someone close with a m2 and transfer the shape to a hard surface ( heavy card board  light plywood)  then draw it up if you have someone with a water jet  to cut the beam then it probably won't need to be finish milled.
The rail came in several pieces and was welded together
That's true for both early and late al stifle was making a set of scout car brackets don't know if they are still available ?
Halftrack has a few different ones. If you can weld then going with the early style might be your best bet.

Monkeypirate

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 01:29:33 AM »
Finding a 4" I beam with a 1/2 inch web seams to  be a bit of a pain though. Standard sizes seem to max out around 3/8th. If you can get enough people on board custom extrusions are not out of the realm of possibility. They would have the advantage of not needing machining negating that added cost.

Monkeypirate

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
Im most likly going to buy flat stock and just weld them together to make the rail. I have nothing but time to do this. Just need to find a M2 in AZ i can get messurments off of. If any one is out there that would alow me to do that let me know!