Author Topic: Pics From The Recent Big Sandy Shoot  (Read 2154 times)

calibrator

Pics From The Recent Big Sandy Shoot
« on: November 25, 2016, 09:15:41 AM »
Trailered our M16 from Cave Creek to Wikieup, and drove it the last 10 miles to the shoot for it's Maiden voyage.  The unpaved road was very hard on the old tracks.  We do have a new set in a crate, as well as new bogie wheels.  There was an M3 there that had a quad mt,  our is the one with the single .50 (of course it's full auto).  We were the track that carried the Fokker replica target up the hill for it's demise.  We'll surely be back for the shoot next March.

http://mgshooters.com/Gallery.php?dir=01%20Fall%202016

calibrator

Re: Pics From The Recent Big Sandy Shoot
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 09:32:40 AM »
One thing we learned was;  If you turn the engine off, and expect to start it up again before it cools down, you better raise the rt side hood flap.  It really vapor-locks badly, as long as it's running , it's OK.    :o

Dave65

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 06:38:11 AM »
Got a chance to check out the pics and vids, and wow! that's totally awesome!!!!! the night shoot is my favorite, I'm definitely goin to the next show! so is that other HT and tank also from AZ?

Dave

Tapper02

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 12:57:32 PM »
Pretty cool stuff!  That looks like a blast!

-Tom
1944 AUTOCAR M15A1 (M16A1) HALF-TRACK:
(Being restored to an M3A1 configuration)
SERIAL NUMBER M-15 A 1, 1356
MODEL M-16 A 1, ORD. SERIAL NUMBER 1106

MVPA # 30507

calibrator

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »
Got a chance to check out the pics and vids, and wow! that's totally awesome!!!!! the night shoot is my favorite, I'm definitely goin to the next show! so is that other HT and tank also from AZ?

Dave

The other Track was hauled in from, I wanna say NM.  The guy that brought it was whining about the $$$ spent on fuel to get it here, and said that was the last time.  The Hellcat was from AZ (not sure about the new owner), but is usually there at most shoots.  The fireworks are only put out for the Saturday Night shoot, if you're only looking to come for a single day.

Monkeypirate

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 10:19:04 PM »
I cant believe Ive never heard of this! Definitely going next time!

calibrator

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 09:35:59 AM »
I cant believe Ive never heard of this! Definitely going next time!

Yeah, it's worth the $25 for 3 days of camping and admission as a spectator.  You never know who will attend, or might be giving a seminar during the year there.  One shoot, back-when, the Russian Billionaire that owned the local Hockey team, showed up with a massive entourage, complete with Spetnaz Bodyguards.  Another time, the "Dutch Film Crew" attended (actually a Madam from Amsterdam and 3 of her Girls).  Their focus was finding scary looking guys with tattoos and machineguns to provocatively pose with.  I attended a 2 day Rifle Course back when, and one of the Instructors was Chris Kyle (before the Public was aware of his record).