Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Home
Forum
Help
Gallery
Links
Login
Register
halftrackinfo
»
pictures of your halftrack
»
members tracks
»
New member
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: New member (Read 20773 times)
Robert Cassin
Full Member
Posts: 145
Thanks , Rob
New member
«
on:
April 16, 2017, 08:17:49 AM »
Hi All. Thanks for having me aboard. I am in West point New York and was wondering if any Halftracks are by me? I am always willing to volunteer my time to help a fellow halftracker. Her is my White HT 1943. Thanks, Rob
Logged
1943 White M 3 Halftrack
1941 White M3A1 Scout car
1942 Harley WLA
1941 Zundapp KS 600
1941 BSA M-20
1976 Condor
1966 International Navy Pickup
steve1973
Hero Member
Posts: 1423
Re: New member
«
Reply #1 on:
April 16, 2017, 09:12:50 AM »
Nice looking halftrack. Welcome aboard!
Steve A.
Logged
beerman
Full Member
Posts: 166
Re: New member
«
Reply #2 on:
April 16, 2017, 10:22:31 AM »
Welcome to the board, Please do tell us more about your halftrack, and show us some more pictures, we like pictures
Logged
Robert Cassin
Full Member
Posts: 145
Thanks , Rob
Re: New member
«
Reply #3 on:
April 16, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »
Well, I just inherited it from a dear friend and I know little about it. I am sure you guys can tell me more than I know from the picture. We would take it out once a tear for the 4th of July parade. It has not been started in 2-3 years. it was imported to the USA in the early 90s by David Safafine from Israel. When she ran she ran perfect. I am going try and get her going in the next weeks. I must say I am very worried about it breaking down on the public streets and then having to get a monster tow truck!
Logged
1943 White M 3 Halftrack
1941 White M3A1 Scout car
1942 Harley WLA
1941 Zundapp KS 600
1941 BSA M-20
1976 Condor
1966 International Navy Pickup
67tank
Full Member
Posts: 235
Re: New member
«
Reply #4 on:
April 16, 2017, 12:32:34 PM »
Welcome aboard. Nice track. Is that halftrack stored on the Academy grounds? or out in Highland Falls?
Logged
Pat
1941 M2A1 (under restoration)
Robert Cassin
Full Member
Posts: 145
Thanks , Rob
Re: New member
«
Reply #5 on:
April 16, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »
Highland Falls, One block west of Main street. Are you in the area?
Logged
1943 White M 3 Halftrack
1941 White M3A1 Scout car
1942 Harley WLA
1941 Zundapp KS 600
1941 BSA M-20
1976 Condor
1966 International Navy Pickup
67tank
Full Member
Posts: 235
Re: New member
«
Reply #6 on:
April 16, 2017, 12:49:50 PM »
Went to school there 87-91. Know it well. My wife speaks at the Thayer hotel every 3 months or so for the Thayer Leadership Development Group. Next time I come out with her , I will have to stop by and see your track (if okay by you)
Logged
Pat
1941 M2A1 (under restoration)
Robert Cassin
Full Member
Posts: 145
Thanks , Rob
Re: New member
«
Reply #7 on:
April 16, 2017, 12:56:41 PM »
Absolutely, any West Pointer and their family are always welcome! Or any halftracker!!
Logged
1943 White M 3 Halftrack
1941 White M3A1 Scout car
1942 Harley WLA
1941 Zundapp KS 600
1941 BSA M-20
1976 Condor
1966 International Navy Pickup
Robert Cassin
Full Member
Posts: 145
Thanks , Rob
Re: New member
«
Reply #8 on:
April 16, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »
Pre WW 2 footage, in color, of the 1st half tracks and other really cool vehicles! at West Point NY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6pfpGELCMo
Logged
1943 White M 3 Halftrack
1941 White M3A1 Scout car
1942 Harley WLA
1941 Zundapp KS 600
1941 BSA M-20
1976 Condor
1966 International Navy Pickup
8683jb
Hero Member
Posts: 897
Re: New member
«
Reply #9 on:
April 16, 2017, 10:57:00 PM »
Great stuff! Thanks for posting it.
Logged
'42 Autocar M2A1
'41 Nash Kelvinator Ben Hur trailer
MVPA member
yd328
Hero Member
Posts: 736
Re: New member
«
Reply #10 on:
April 17, 2017, 05:27:55 AM »
Welcome to the board, looking forward to more pics. I'm in western ct. Great video also.
Gary
Logged
steve-0
Administrator
Hero Member
Posts: 1387
Re: New member
«
Reply #11 on:
April 17, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »
welcome
cool halftrack
Logged
col.halftrack
Sr. Member
Posts: 382
Re: New member
«
Reply #12 on:
April 18, 2017, 09:10:31 AM »
Welcome Rob
Great track. Post your vehicle frame number and data plate info if available and I will fill you in on what I can.
Don't worry about towing they actually pull easy. Any pick-up can do it on the level for sure. Just always carry a tow cable / rope / chain.
In fact if you throw a track you can engage the front axle back up to your thrown track, chain on to it, and drive the vehicle and thrown/broken track off the road to a safe surface for repair. Don't ask how I know this
Oh yeah, if towing, please refrain from wrapping chain around both tow hooks and up to tow vehicle. I have straightened too many of these.
If you need tune-up parts or more pm me with your email for a list.
Col. Halftrack
Kevin Lockwood
«
Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:14:12 AM by col.halftrack
»
Logged
1941 White M2
1942 White M4A1 was M4
1942 Autocar M2A1
1942 Autocar M3-75
1943 White M13 rebuilt as M16
1943 Diamond T M3A1
Robert Cassin
Full Member
Posts: 145
Thanks , Rob
Re: New member
«
Reply #13 on:
April 18, 2017, 07:25:48 PM »
Thanks for the info, When i get a chance I will put the VIN in the Data base. If anyone has a picture of how to hook the halftrack up to a pickup, that would give me more confidence. Thanks, Rob
Logged
1943 White M 3 Halftrack
1941 White M3A1 Scout car
1942 Harley WLA
1941 Zundapp KS 600
1941 BSA M-20
1976 Condor
1966 International Navy Pickup
emptyhead
Hero Member
Posts: 654
Re: New member
«
Reply #14 on:
April 23, 2017, 05:08:27 AM »
I'm about 15 miles south in Nyack ny. I have loads of work if your bored. You have a nice track there.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
halftrackinfo
»
pictures of your halftrack
»
members tracks
»
New member
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal