Author Topic: Boggie Wheel New Tread Order  (Read 23497 times)

Dinadin

• Schafer's Folly
Re: Boggie Wheel New Tread Order
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2021, 10:15:44 PM »
Sorry for not being on here for a long time.  So far I have had two people contact me about getting bogie wheels redone.  I am planning on going to the MVPA convention this year.  If you can bring yours to the convention I can take them back with me, saving shipping.  Also I can bring one of my spares for people to look at.

Rich
Rich

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Schafer's Folly - Halftrack Restoration

coreyelliott

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2021, 11:26:38 PM »
Dang.... wish we could be there.

Corey
1941 Autocar M2A1 (M2-13)

Monkeypirate

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2021, 07:57:11 PM »
Wish i could make it out there for the convention. Maybe in a couple years ill be able to come out. For now I will just have to pay shipping charges, probably going to be as much as getting the wheels retread!

Outsider

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2021, 04:31:36 AM »
Just an FYI. I have 17 boggie wheel cores I will sell for $15 each and can deliver them either Thursday or Friday to the convention.  SPF.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:31:08 PM by Outsider »
Lots of green "junk" as my wife likes to call it.
Friends don't let friends buy Trailking Trailers!

Cleprechaun

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2021, 01:58:31 AM »
I too have 16 old rims I’d like to quit tripping over. I’ll make you a great deal, but you got to come get them in S. California

Dinadin

• Schafer's Folly
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2021, 08:13:20 PM »
So far I have been contacted by three people to get wheels retread.  I will contact the company to see what it will cost.

Also I spoke to soon about going to the convention this year.  In the past month I have had to spend a combined total of $3000 on my truck and daily driver.  That killed my convention money.
Rich

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Dinadin

• Schafer's Folly
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2021, 08:51:49 AM »
Hello all,

Sorry for the delay.  I just got an email back from the company on retreading the wheels.  It will be $120 per wheel for an order of at least 40 of them.  They also said it would take them at least 10 weeks.  I have heard that before, they said 3 months and it took them 3 weeks.  Although that was before the supply chains went to crap.  I would like 50% upfront, just incase they get done quicker than expected.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Rich

sean.farley85

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2021, 06:39:15 AM »
Rich please let me know i need a full set done, just need shipping information! thanks

Sean
1945 Willys Jeep Restored
1941 WC-4 in progress
1943 MBT Restored
M3 halftrack in Progress
1942 Bren Carrier Restored (Aust)

Dinadin

• Schafer's Folly
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2021, 12:03:48 PM »
Again I am sorry for the delay on responding lately.  Work has gotten busy for me.

I prefer using Fastenal for shipping, it is relatively easy and convenient for me.  The wheels will need to secured on a pallet somehow.  I have tied them and screwed them to a pallet, but I really like it when there is a box made on the pallet. 

My local Fastenal is:
https://www.fastenal.com/locations/details/mosl1

I think they need my phone number, so message me if you need me information.
Rich

Monkeypirate

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2021, 11:04:55 AM »
According to the website, Fastenal dose not ship between West and East coast at this time. Looks like they closed some hubs too.