Author Topic: "LUCKY 13" Restoration Process  (Read 6603 times)

coreyelliott

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
Re: "LUCKY 13" Restoration Process
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2019, 09:24:50 PM »
Thanks to a friend, Shon and I were able to borrow a tool that was made for removing the impeller.  It's amazing how easy things can be when you have the correct tool.  It honestly took me less than five minutes to get the impeller where I was comfortable with it's placement.  It would have probably been fine where it was, but that question/worry would have always been in the back of my mind!

Corey

1941 Autocar M2A1 (M-13)

spec4don

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
Re: "LUCKY 13" Restoration Process
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »
Looking good, ahhhh peace of mind!

Don G.
1941 M2A1 not restored
1942 M3 Diamond T Mostly restored
1943 M3A1 Under restoration
1967 M51A2 Tractor
1945 WC 63 needs restoration
1967 M36 Long wheel base duece
1951 M135 GMC Fire truck conversion

Smadge

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
Re: "LUCKY 13" Restoration Process
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2019, 11:10:18 AM »
Good job on the waterpump. I had to take mine apart twice before i got it right!
1941 M2A1 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA# 36810E

beerman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: "LUCKY 13" Restoration Process
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »
May we ask who did you borrow the tool from, for the water pump.

Smadge

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
Re: "LUCKY 13" Restoration Process
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2019, 03:20:39 PM »
Corey and Beerman,

I only used an hydraulic press to do mine.  I know someone had a tool made for the job, but the whole thing just presses out no problem.

Paul
1941 M2A1 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA# 36810E