Author Topic: Help identifying floor panel?  (Read 175 times)

8683jb

Help identifying floor panel?
« on: June 27, 2018, 08:44:18 PM »
This rear, middle cab floor panel was included, loose, with my M2A1. The three screw holes along the rear edge are about a half inch too far to the rear to fit the holes in the flange on the rear bulkhead. The other panels fit the bulkhead fine.

Also, there are four holes in it that have ¼-20 square captured nuts. I assume they are to accommodate a middle seat configuration for a different model half track?

I could weld the rear holes shut and drill & spot-face new holes in the correct location, but I don’t want to modify a panel that is the “right” one for a different model half track. Can someone identify this one? If it is for something else, I’d be tickled to trade it out for one for an M2A1. Thanks.

Jon

'42 Autocar M2A1

MVPA member

steve1973

Re: Help identifying floor panel?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 03:22:47 PM »
Here is some photos of my original floor piece in my M2A1. It has three battens riveted to it that have threaded holes for the other panels to fasten to. On the back side are three clips to hold the power cable for the radio if installed. these holes very location. The other bracket/tab is for a support for the passenger seat when in the up position. Check out Tom Gunther's thread for more info on this item.

Hope this helps,

Steve A.

8683jb

Re: Help identifying floor panel?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 03:55:00 PM »
I can see the edge distance for the three rear screws on yours is more than mine and looks about right to fit the existing holes in my bulkhead. Also, yours has the attach point for the right seat tilt latch assembly and mine just has an open hole, so I do have the wrong part. Thanks for the help Steve.

Does anyone have a spare panel like Steve’s they’d part with?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 04:25:02 PM by 8683jb »
'42 Autocar M2A1

MVPA member