Author Topic: M2 from a forest in Belgium serial number sister 'track  (Read 3115 times)

A National Acrobat

M2 from a forest in Belgium serial number sister 'track
« on: July 10, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »
Hi everyone

Been a long time since I've posted, other projects have kept me away from working on the halftrack but we're now back on it. There will be another couple of distractions with maintenance on other vehicles and such before the end of the year but hopefully I'm back to it with a vengeance now.

What I'm wondering this evening though is this . . .

I've got a better look at the chassis number of my halftrack now that there are more parts removed and, after looking up the list of known halftracks on the G503 Halftrack Database, it seems that there is (or was) another vehicles very close to mine.

According to the database there was a White M2 (rebuilt as an M2A1) in Florida that was for sale online. It is serial number 234044 and this is very interesting to me as mine is serial number 234033. Two vehicles with such close chassis numbers is interesting to me especially as I have so much work ahead of me during my restoration. It would be awesome to speak to the owner or even former owners of 234044 and see what I can learn about theirs, particularly if they know hood numbers and the delivery date of that halftrack.