Author Topic: Halftrack brake line T connections  (Read 3452 times)

Darryl L

Halftrack brake line T connections
« on: December 21, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
Hi guys,

I am looking for some details on the brake T connections used on the halftracks.  My problem is that I am trying to find a replacement for two brake T connections I have for my M8 armoured car.  Mine are used ones and when I went to fit them, I see both have some damaged threads where the tube nuts for the ¼” lines would screw in.   Original M8 replacements seem to be impossible to find so I am looking to see if I can adapt something else.  I’m now wondering if some of the halftrack T connections might do the job. 

I saw these halftrack T connections on EBay but I need to confirm that they will take the standard tube nut on ¼” line:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282627958484

Can anyone confirm please?   

The M8 T connection has a threaded end for mounting the T connection on the brake backing plate with a 5/16" bolt, but if these T connections on EBay would work, I can always tap a hole in the end to mount them. 

The dimensions of the mounted end of the M8 T connections are 1/2" x 3/4" and the overall length of the T piece is 1 1/2", but the main factor for me is whether they will fit the 1/4" line and standard tube nuts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Darryl Lennane

1943 Willys MB
1941 Australian LP2A Machine Gun Carrier
1943 White M3A1AOP Scout Car
1944 Ford M8 Armoured Car
New Zealand