Author Topic: Rear door latch  (Read 1101 times)

emptyhead

Rear door latch
« on: April 28, 2019, 06:07:44 AM »
Ok I’m at the point where I need to start looking for the rear door latch setup for my m3. Anyone have any spares laying. Anyone know the going prices for the setup. Thanks

Darth_Kitten

Re: Rear door latch
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 02:11:33 PM »
Did you have any luck? I'm going to be on the hunt too.

emptyhead

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 04:34:34 AM »
No luck yet.

Tapper02

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »
A member on here was attempting to repro the assembly but that was 5 yrs ago and he hasn’t been active since 2016.

http://halftrackinfo.com/index.php?topic=870.msg5287#msg5287

If you read the thread I thought I had sourced one from Leo, but he never answered my emails or returned my phone calls so I gave up on him. 

I spoke with Ivo at the War and Peace show in 2017 and BAIV was supposedly repro’ing them.  However, I was never able to get their customer service to reply to follow up email inquiries.  Seeing a trend here?

Out of desperation I ended up buying the last set that Hebding had last July...wish I had bitten the bullet several years ago since the price practically doubled. ????

I don’t know nor have heard of any other sources.  Good luck...I think it’s going to come down to someone having the parts cast and/or machined for a completely reproduced assembly.  There’s definitely a market for them!

-Tom
1944 AUTOCAR M15A1 (M16A1) HALF-TRACK:
(Being restored to an M3A1 configuration)
SERIAL NUMBER M-15 A 1, 1356
MODEL M-16 A 1, ORD. SERIAL NUMBER 1106

MVPA # 30507

Darth_Kitten

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 07:27:59 PM »
They look easy enough to make. Only challenge (for me would be where to get the handles and rod holders cast).
Everything else should be pretty simple.
Anyone have one not installed that we can use as a pattern?

Tapper02

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 09:00:11 PM »
They look easy enough to make. Only challenge (for me would be where to get the handles and rod holders cast).
Everything else should be pretty simple.
Anyone have one not installed that we can use as a pattern?

I’m having a guy cast the data plate for the M10 trailer...both the Fruehauf and Schelm Bros versions.  He is definitely capable but it’s a side hobby so might take a bit.  I can ask him.

-Tom
1944 AUTOCAR M15A1 (M16A1) HALF-TRACK:
(Being restored to an M3A1 configuration)
SERIAL NUMBER M-15 A 1, 1356
MODEL M-16 A 1, ORD. SERIAL NUMBER 1106

MVPA # 30507

Outsider

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 04:47:08 AM »
I have made the repro pins in the past as the sets that Leo was selling (that I bought one of) were for the short rear door. So they are easy to make along with all the other steel parts. The cast pin guide parts are a little more difficult as they need to be machined to all match in the correct geometry so the pins line up with each other when installed on both sides of the door opening. I looked at doing it at one time but gave up due to cost.

Steve
Lots of green "junk" as my wife likes to call it.
Friends don't let friends buy Trailking Trailers!