Author Topic: Greating´s from Germany  (Read 353 times)

Steffen

Greating´s from Germany
« on: August 02, 2019, 02:45:03 AM »
Hello everybody and thank you so much for reading here. My name is Steffen Stannies and I am from Germany.
Surely you ask yourself what I'm doing here, just a few lines.
I am here for a team of 5 people registered in the tank museum in Munster have been commissioned to get a M16 Multipel Gun Carrier ready to go. This was part of the first vehicles of the Bundeswehr after the Second World War. We do our work all on a voluntary basis. The Tec Manuall and some other useful tips from you have helped us achieve great success. The M16 drives. But as some of us here report, we have some problems with the brake system, and our halftrack does not have Hydrovac, which is a big advantage for us.
I will try to post some pictures and also a video. the sound is not so good but otherwise the engine is running very well in the state but we have to adjust the fine settings again.
We have changed all fluids and used together as a team every 70 working hours on the vehicle, which together makes about 280 working hours.
But now a problem which we have to solve time Nah the starter (model Dolco-Remy, 1108533) has installed a spring which was broken in ours. we welded it but it does not withstand the stresses.
Does any of you know a web shop or a retailer selling such a pen?

I would like to thank you for your help. If any of you in Germany for a few day´s and would like to visit the museum in Munster, he can of course like lettering and we then lead him around.

Lg Steffen from the team "Rookis"

8683jb

Re: Greating´s from Germany
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 09:26:07 AM »
Welcome Steffen. Beautiful half-track! Try Kevin Lockwood - col.halftrack on this site. His email is kplockwood@cox.net. He may have only the spring, but he also has rebuilt starters if it comes to that.
I'll be in Munich in mid-September and driving to Stuttgart and into Alsace. I don't know if I'll get as far north as Munster but if so, I'd love to see your museum! Good luck on your starter.

Jon
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:14:49 PM by 8683jb »
'42 Autocar M2A1

MVPA member

Smadge

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 02:35:30 PM »
Steffen,

I just got back from Germany last week!  My daughter lives in Frankfurt so I go over every year. I’ll keep you in mind the next time and maybe I can save you some shipping costs. Paul
1941 M2A1 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA# 36810E

yd328

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 06:17:38 PM »
Welcome to the board,
Nice M16

Gary

Smadge

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 06:36:46 PM »
Steffen,

I believe the spring you need is on eBay and located in the Netherlands!

Paul
1941 M2A1 Autocar (restoring)
MVPA# 36810E

Steffen

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 12:55:19 AM »
Thanks every one of you.
We try the spring from Ebay it is the replaycing kit. But Looks a bit different. If some on is interestet on some Videos of our first driving try´s pleas send your E-Mail via Pm . We will send it then.
We Keep you up to date what´s going on with the M16

Steffen

steve1973

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 06:12:27 PM »
Halftrack Looks Great! Also, check with BAIV.

Steve A.

67tank

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 12:55:36 PM »
Steffen 
Welcome to the site.  The M-16 looks fantastic.  The Munster museum is on my bucket list. 
Quick question - did the Tiger tank from the Patton Museum at Fort Knox, Kentucky wind up in the Munster museum??  If so - could you post a photo or two? 
Pat
Pat
1941 M2A1 (under restoration)

R.E.Co.

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 04:50:06 AM »
Steffen 
Welcome to the site.  The M-16 looks fantastic.  The Munster museum is on my bucket list. 
Quick question - did the Tiger tank from the Patton Museum at Fort Knox, Kentucky wind up in the Munster museum??  If so - could you post a photo or two? 
Pat

Im at Fort Knox right now and was at the Patton Museum yesterday, they had a Stug there but no tiger tank. 
1941 White M2 Halftrack