Author Topic: Green paint color  (Read 3117 times)

p3aflyer

Green paint color
« on: August 11, 2019, 09:22:06 PM »
   Can anyone identify this green paint ? It is the second coat or maybe even the first?  I am finding this color on various parts of the original armor too.. The track has been painted at least 5 times from what i can tell but this color seems to be the first if not second layer..  The Halftrack project is a 1941 white  and ended up spending its life in the Pacific Northwest after its military days ended .  With that said I was thinking that this track maybe a Canadian lend lease Halftrack and maybe painted a commonwealth green color?   the Engine was painted with this shade of green as well.. the first coat of paint being the Engine Grey..,     Any opinions?     Thanks guys.. 

yd328

Re: Green paint color
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 05:29:04 AM »
The brighter olive green I believe is the original color. I found a lot of this on my halftrack. I think your green engine may be the result of the halftrack going through a rebuild. The original engine color was grey.  What model do you have? Do you have a single spring or dual springs on your rear idler sprocket? And more pics too ;D

Gary

p3aflyer

Re: Green paint color
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 09:11:49 AM »
The project was at one time a m2a1 but originally its started life as an M2.  The engine has  most definitely gone through a rebuild.  I think the data tag says 1945? the color of green that seems to be on most parts is this lighter lime green but then it is also mixed with a darker apple green.. the darker apple green is what early halftracks had is seems, I base this on painted areas uncovered and not seeing day light since the factory. ? I am having a hard time matching this darker apple green to any current day military paint off the shelf.  the next layer is a typical WW2 khaki Od green followed by the 1950s brown green.. 
 the color time line seems to make some sense, except this lime green color? of course the majority of the half track parts are a natural rust color!!!!! ;D