Author Topic: halftracks your not interested in tracking down and halftracks in odd spots  (Read 8550 times)

steve-0

• Administrator
well i thought this might be interesting. if you have information/pics on a halftrack your not interested in getting for yourself or pics of a halftrack in an odd spot post it here.
here are some i have found.
Fernley and Lassen Railway Depot    
http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/image.aspx?f=1&guid=8a3d643d-6421-4aee-856b-f70e051b127c

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:09:14 PM by steve-0 »

Captain Crank

For some reason people send me pics of this one, finally saw it in person while on a bike trip through the Rockies.

Silverton, Colorado VFW parade half track.

steve-0

• Administrator
i remember seeing a pic of that one at a bar along time ago.

SoCalM2

I didn't know there was a second halftrack in Fernley.

steve-0

• Administrator

68427vette

i need those tall pieces behind the seats on the sides!!! the one with no front end on it! :)

roadrunnertech

i need those tall pieces behind the seats on the sides!!! the one with no front end on it! :)

I could use the rear axles and pumpkin, anyone know where in Colorado it is?  I'm in NM, so its a possible drive...

Yooper-Al

Still need a rear axle Roadrunner?  I've got one, I'm near Edgewood, NM.
Al
[/quote]
I could use the rear axles and pumpkin, anyone know where in Colorado it is?  I'm in NM, so its a possible drive...
[/quote]

steve-0

• Administrator
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:35:56 PM by steve-0 »

steve-0

• Administrator
someone in maryland should check this out. see the last post.

ICEMAN, both of the Friendship halftracks were purchased by AA CO Station 13 sometime in the early 70's. Parts from each unit were used to place one in service. The rig that was not used was parked behind Chief Raynors house on Mountain Rd. The "In Service" rig never saw action, except, during snowstorms when the volunteer and career personal ran it up and down Fort Smallwood Rd until the motor blew. A surplus Navy lowboy trailer was also purchased to haul the halftrack around the state to fight brush fires. It was to be pulled by the "B" Model Mack tractor that 13 had. But, like I said, it never happened. The halftrack was sold and can still be found on Raynor Blvd sitting in that mess of vehicles just south of Rt 100. 

http://www.thewatchdesk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066&page=11
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:42:52 PM by steve-0 »

steve-0

• Administrator
at one time there where halftracks at this location. im not sure if they are still there but someone near should check.

Spector Salvage Yard is an inactive salvage yard located in the southern portion of the city
of Orange, Texas.  The property covers approximately 4 acres situated south of Polk
Street and north of Jackson Street.  The north and east side of the site is bordered by
Union Pacific Railroad tracks.  The City of Orange sewage treatment plant is located
adjacent to the west boundary of the site.  A cemetery is located to the south of the site.
Tenth Street divides the site into a western third (lot #1) and an eastern two-thirds portion
(lot #2).  Both lots are heavily overgrown with trees and vines.

Captain Crank

Looks like it's been cleaned up. :-[

steve-0

• Administrator
thanks captain  :)

steve-0

• Administrator
ok
here is a couple halftracks i tried to get but i could never find the owner. i drove to the site and have these pics.
i talked to the water dist on site and they said "long now foundation" owned it. i contacted them and they said they didn't.
its to far for me to mess with. its on the utah nevada border.

http://theusgenweb.org/nv/whitepine/Towns/minerva.htm

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:00:20 PM by steve-0 »

Sierra Padre

These halftracks are no longer there as of 1-19-2020

Doug
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:15:53 PM by Sierra Padre »
Adversity is not an adequate deterrent.

1941 White M2A1