Author Topic: Gearbox vent insert  (Read 280 times)

brit plumber

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
Gearbox vent insert
« on: May 17, 2022, 09:23:48 AM »
In my gearbox vent, there was a thin circular filter type item sat in the bottom. Unfortunately it disintegrated as soon as I lifted it out but it looked like paper and just turned to dust. I read that it should be a piece of cork but I’ve no idea of what it should look like. Is it thick and a tight fit in the bore? Or really thin and free to move around?
1942 VEP GPW