Author Topic: Heartland Military Museum  (Read 887 times)

HenryVIII

Heartland Military Museum
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »
Hi, I was on vacation this spring and was able to stop at the Heartland military museum. Its in Lexington Nebraska right off I-94. They have a lot of interesting things. In the first pic in the background you can see the Humvee pilot vehicle. But  also they have halftracks. They have 3 stored indoors and they all run and are driven yearly in parades and around the museum grounds. They have a lot of interesting stuff there. So much so that my wife even enjoyed it. As near as I can tell all the tracks have the original armor and parts. No repro stuff that I could find. 

There is another one sitting outside but I do not think that one runs. It is missing the rear body and has a snow plow on the front. I forgot to take a picture of it.

This museum is great. They do not charge admission and operate on donations only. I asked and they let me take any measurements I needed. I think they would let you go into the vehicles too, if you asked. I did not. Its very informal though. It is run by Vets and volunteers.

Henry   

M-16 halftrack

another view of the M-16

M-2

M-2

Tapper02

Re: Heartland Military Museum
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:00:35 PM »
Interesting blue drab on tan…wonder where they got the idea for that paint scheme as I haven't ever seen any like that.

-Tom
1944 AUTOCAR M15A1 (M16A1) HALF-TRACK:
(Being restored to an M3A1 configuration)
SERIAL NUMBER M-15 A 1, 1356
MODEL M-16 A 1, ORD. SERIAL NUMBER 1106

MVPA # 30507