Author Topic: Carb mounted fuel filter gasket  (Read 1837 times)

67tank

Carb mounted fuel filter gasket
« on: September 25, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »
Since I have moved from sea level to 7200 feet I have been struggling with getting "Hell Hound" to run like she did before.  Leaned out the carb, and still bogging down.  So I decided to replace/clean the fuel filters just in case they were clogged.  Replaced the frame mounted fuel filter cartridge thanks to a kit from Ron Fitz. that included all the gaskets.  Took the carb mounted fuel filter apart to clean it and the old gasket crumbled

What is everyone using for this gasket?? - O-ring? flat gasket?  make your own from cork?  Anyone got a part number at Napa? 
Pat
1941 M2A1 (under restoration)

yd328

Re: Carb mounted fuel filter gasket
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 09:15:48 PM »
I made one out of cork. I am considering removing that filter all together. I don't like the idea of it over the manifold if it develops a leak.

Gary

spillmk1

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 07:19:31 PM »
I made one out of cork. I am considering removing that filter all together. I don't like the idea of it over the manifold if it develops a leak.

Gary

I had to remove mine for that very reason.
Had a nagging drip so I just did away with it.

Keith
1955 M38A1 Jeep
1952 M100 Trailer
1941 M2A1 Half Track
MVPA Member

67tank

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 04:02:00 PM »
Thanks Gary/Keith
I went down to Napa and picked up an fuel resistant rubber o-ring that fit perfect.  Tighten everything back up and no leaks.  I agree that it is a bad location (right over hot exhaust) to locate a fuel filter with multiple fittings.....

Pat
Pat
1941 M2A1 (under restoration)