Author Topic: What's up at the convention?  (Read 4877 times)

Outsider

What's up at the convention?
« on: June 30, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
So what's up at the convention? Inquiring minds want to know.

Steve

PS Pics would be great!
Lots of green "junk" as my wife likes to call it.
Friends don't let friends buy Trailking Trailers!

Dinadin

• Schafer's Folly
Re: What's up at the convention?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »
The halftrack meeting was good and a lot more than I expected.  It was very good to meet other owners.  There were some interesting vehicles there including a T-34 and a SCUD missile launcher.  Unfortunately no US halftracks were there.  There was also a lot of things to see outside of the convention, the Redstone Arsenal tour was amazing.  I have pictures on my facebook page, but not on my website yet, I will post them when I can.  If you have facebook here is the link to my album.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3325936994806.2143602.1459852226&type=3

I forgot to mention the Veterans Memorial Museum has an awesome collection of tanks and vehicles, including a nice M3A1 halftrack.
Rich

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Schafer's Folly - Halftrack Restoration

steve1973

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
For my first convention was great. It is nice to put a face to those members on this forum and the G503 one. Kevin did an outstanding talk on various aspects of the halftrack. And thanks for the lube chart Kevin. The veterans memorial was great including there bone yard. The Anniston Arsenal tour was great too. I've never seen so many real M2's in my life. I sure could use one for my track. ;) The end of the tour we went over to their outside collection of older equipment. In that there was a fairly complete M15A1, M3A2 and a M4 halftracks. There were was also an unarmored M26 Pacific with trailer along with many various tanks and artillery. At the convention there was the usual collection of jeeps, mules, dodges and the newer stuff. The scud missile launcher was neat along with the German halftrack. I did manage to score on some nice stuff for my halftrack which is being shipped back on a pallet. Other than that it was HOT. I drove back to Atlanta where I flew out from and at one point it was 111 degrees out, ouch. ??? In all I had a great time.

Soon as I get a chance to go through my photos I will post them.

Steve A.

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »
we are definitely going to need pics.
was there anyone selling halftrack parts there?

steve1973

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:44:04 PM »
Well, Brent Mullins was there and had NOS Bogie wheels for $100.00 each. Japp was there with a bunch of stuff. Saw several complete M49 ring, trolley and cradle sell for an average of $3000 set. There were three repo gun suppliers, Bismarck Guns, Hoosier Hot-Shot and John Cheney II. By far Hoosier Hot-Shots are the best but John Cheney's M2 is a little more detailed. Bismarck doesn't even compare to the others. I heard rumors of aluminum flooring their but I must have missed that. I picked up a radio, WWII camo netting, early marker lights that I've been looking for, fire extinguisher, and a bunch of spare parts. I have a pallet heading my way now. Christmas should be next week for me. ;D Here are some photos.

Steve A.

Dinadin

• Schafer's Folly
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:21:55 PM »
I saw that aluminum floor piece, it had already sold when I saw it.  It was the floor for the gear shifters.  There was one combat rim for sale that was supposedly for a halftrack, but I didn't get that.
Rich

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Schafer's Folly - Halftrack Restoration

andy

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 08:34:28 AM »
100 bucks, how does one get a hold of brent, i went to the only website I had on him (­mullinsjeepparts­.­com) and it couldn't be found?
I need boogies very soon

Andy

Well, Brent Mullins was there and had NOS Bogie wheels for $100.00 each.
1943 M4A1 (restored to M2A1)

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »
http://www.mullinsjeepparts.com

jaap brought the bogies in from europe somewhere. i think they are stockpiled at mullins place.

andy

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »
Thanks Steve, now it works

Has any bought from him, are they the same as Gary's. Gary wants 125/wheel. Any issues with them?

Andy

http://www.mullinsjeepparts.com

jaap brought the bogies in from europe somewhere. i think they are stockpiled at mullins place.

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 01:49:41 PM »
they are the exact same ones that gary sells only cheaper (unless that was just a convention special). he gets them from mullins.

i think they where made in the 50s or 60s by Goodrich

steve1973

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »
I believe that was a show special. I'm sure the non show price is $125 each just like everyone else. Rod Shaver asked him how many he had left and Brent said he had enough to meet everyone's needs.

Steve A.

steve-0

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
3000 of them

andy

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »
Ya they told me 125. Gary is just across the border from me so pu or shipping would be cheaper in the end from him

I believe that was a show special. I'm sure the non show price is $125 each just like everyone else. Rod Shaver asked him how many he had left and Brent said he had enough to meet everyone's needs.

Steve A.