Author Topic: New parts for sale  (Read 6602 times)

steve1973

New parts for sale
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:56:13 AM »
I've been working on two new halftrack projects for sale. First is reproduction fender mounted headlights. The second is the fresh air vent tubing and funnels in the engine area.

The headlights are reproduction Harley Davidson Springer lights as original with some modifications to be made like original halftrack/scoutcar headlights. The only major differences is the repos will still have the insulated terminal at the bottom in front of the mounting stud and the second is no socket for wire hook up at the rear as original. If I find a suitable socket I will put them in but for now a nice wire loom come out in that location like original. These will be for sale for $300 a set. The two fender spacers are not included at this time but Gary Hebding has them for cheaper than I can make them at this point. Here are some progress photos. I will have some finished lights this evening.

ORIGINAL LIGHT BUCKET

REPRODUCTION LIGHT BUCKET

The other Item I've been working on are the vent tubes and funnels in the engine area. The funnel or bell at the end is the difficult part to make. The original is formed as one piece on a die. That is not possible fo me so these are rolled formed then spot welded. Yes, there is a seam but that can be placed on the bottom. The screen is one of three types I've seen on original funnels so that will be correct. The kit will come with two funnels, two tubing sections and all the clamps and brackets needed to mount in your halftrack. The price is yet to be determined at this point but will be announced Friday. Note - The funnel looks a bit rough. Remember this is the first proto type. They will look better ans an end product.

FIRST PROTO TYPE FUUNNEL

Any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask.

Steve A.

steve1973

Re: New parts for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:51:33 PM »
Here are the latest photos of the completed headlights. The light on the left is an original and the one on the right is the reproduction. The last photo shows the bottom view with the insulating block used on the motorcycles.

Again, these are for sale at $300 a set. More to come on the vent funnels tomorrow.

Steve A.

steve1973

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:09:06 AM »
UPDATE 1-14-15

REPRODUCTION FENDER MOUNTED HEADLIGHTS
These are still available and selling very well. They are $300 a set of two and $30 for shipping. In addition to the headlight assemblies you will also need two spacers for each light to mount onto the fender. Paul, aka superjeep, now makes them and are $58 a set. You will need two sets. You can find him on this forum and the G503 site.

AIR VENT TUBES/FUNNELS
I'm still waiting on these. I checked in with the fabricator and he is just plain to busy. He is taking this project home to do. He is also in the process of modifing some tooling to improve quality control. I will keep everyone posted. The estimated price will be $350-400 a set with all mounting hardware and brackets.

ARMOR BOLTS
I'm working on a new order and will have two sizes available, 1" and 1-1/4". Estimated time for delivery is in June/July. Prices will be under $.50 each.

M1A1 ANTI-TANK MINES
If I have time this winter I hope to attempt to resin cast these mines. This will take some learning on my part but once I figure out the molds the casting will be easy. Stay tunned. The mines will be casted in a durable hi impact resin tinted green. They will be painted as original. Fuzes will be optional as you don't see them in the mine racks and are stored elseware. I'm not sure ware though.

That's all for now.

Steve A.

Lordsandy

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »
Steve,
Could I just get a set of tube brackets/hardware from you please when the time comes?
Thanks.
Jim

steve1973

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 07:46:05 PM »
UPDATE 4-27-15

It has only taken a year but I have the first three air intake funnel kits almost ready to ship. I still need to cut the tubing and make install instructions. The kit will include all necessary hardware to install the funnels on each side. The kits are $600.00 each. The funnels alone were very expensive to make at around 2 hours each to make at shop rate. They got 6 good funnels and fourteen bad ones. That is how difficult they are to make. Anyway, here are the six funnels for the first three sets.

I am now taking orders for these. Please send me a PM if interested and I will start a list. The first three will get these. I have six more sets on order and will go from there.

Steve A.

steve1973

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
Here are some more photos with the tubing. The tubing fits loose as the originals did. Looking at my original they were either brazed or soldered on. This will be your decision as The funnel will be shipped separate from the tubing. You could also use silicone adhesive for a better seal. All items will be in plane unpainted finish. Tomorrow I'm working on mounting them for instructions. Two kits of the first batch are sold. I have one kit left, $600 plus shipping.

Steve A.

steve1973

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
Today I was able to get the cowling back on my track with the help of my Dad and mounted the fresh air funnels. Here are the results. Some tubing length adjustments will need to be made. I want to test fit a set in Don's halftrack as I'm missing my engine. After that they will be ready to ship.

What do you guys think?

Steve A.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:45:30 PM by steve1973 »